Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
Our two-day, instructor-led Appropriations Law Refresher and Update Training course provides an update on federal appropriations law that is needed to learn about new laws, precedents, and court decisions. This training is designed for individuals who attended the Federal Appropriations Law course more than three years ago. The material includes updates on the latest changes in the GAO’s Principles of Federal Appropriations Law (Red Book) and covers recent case rules.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Introduction and Legal Framework
- Appropriations Law Basics
- Appropriations and Committees
- Resources Available for Appropriations Law Research
- General Topics
- Case Studies for Introduction and Legal Framework
Purpose Law: Factors, Requirements, and Guidance
- Factors to Consider in Purpose Law
- Requirements and Guidance
- Purpose Law: Factors, Requirements, and Guidance
Legal Availability of Funds as to Time
- Bona Fide Needs Rule
- Time-Related Requirements
- Legal Availability of Funds as to Time
Amount and Antideficiency Act Violations
- Following the Antideficiency Act
- Amount and Antideficiency Act Violations
Obligation, Continuing Resolutions, and Accountable Officers
- Continuing Resolution Requirements
- Accountable Officers
- Obligation, Continuing Resolutions, and Accountable Officers