Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
Our 3-day instructor-led ITIL Service Design (SD) training and certification boot camp in Washington, DC Metro, Tysons Corner, VA, Columbia, MD or Live Online is aimed at IT professionals in the Service Management field. It covers:
- Managing Service Design roles, processes & activities
- Coordinating & organizing Service Design technology
- The sub-processes, activities, methods & functions used in each of the ITIL Service Design processes
- Implementing & measuring ITIL Service Design
This course will prepare you for ITIL® SD Qualification exam.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Introduction to Service Design
- Purpose, goals and objectives of service design
- Scope of service design
- Business value
- The context of service design in the ITIL service lifecycle
- Service design inputs and outputs and the contents of the service design package
- The contents and use of service acceptance criteria
Service Design Principles
- Design service solutions related to a customer’s needs
- Design and utilize the service portfolio to enhance business value
- The measurement systems and metrics
- Service design models to accommodate different service solutions
Service Design Processes
- Design Coordination
- Service Catalog Management
- Service Level Management
- Supplier Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- IT service Continuity Management (ITSCM)
- Information Security Management (ISM)
- The service design activities and techniques within requirements engineering
- The service design activities and techniques within data and information management
- The service design activities and techniques associated with application management
Optimizing for Service Design
- Functional roles analysis
- How to design, implement and populate a RACI diagram
- The functions within service design
- The service design roles and responsibilities, and the use of them
- The types of tools that support service design
- Service design related service management tools
- Requirements for service management tools
- Where and how they would be used
- The benefits of using these tools
Implementation and Improvement of Service Design
- The service design issues relating to business impact analysis, service level requirements and risks
- The six‐stage implementation approach
- Measurements of service design, a prerequisite for success
Challenges, Critical Success Factors & Risks
- Challenges facing by service design
- Risks facing by service design
- How critical success factors and key performance indicators contribute to service design
You can use the ITIL Intermediate voucher for any ITIL Lifecycle or Capability exam.
- Number of Questions: 8
- Passing Score: 70%
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Format: multiple choice, scenario-based and gradient scored
- Students must present an ITIL 2011 Foundation or V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate before taking the exam.
Phoenix TS is an authorized testing center for Pearson VUE & Prometric exams. Register for the exam by visiting the Pearson VUE and Prometric websites or call us at (240) 667-7757.
ITIL SD Certification Training FAQs
Managers, Executives, Team Leaders and Supervisory Staff,
Architects and Planners
Students should have the ITIL® Foundation Qualification before taking this course. It may also be helpful to have at least two years of experience working in Service Management.
ITIL® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.