Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
This two-day training will take attendees from performing basic data analyses in Excel to cleaning and processing data and creating regression models and visualizations. The course will introduce statistical concepts and train students in key data operations in Excel. Students will become comfortable with data manipulation, formatting, and visualization in Excel. The workshop optimizes learning by integrating practice time and discussion time in class to improve retention and provide individualized support throughout the session. The course will also include pre-work videos and exercises, as well as take-home exercises that reinforce the concepts taught in the course.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Overview of Data Science and Excel
- What is data science?
- Excel basics – tool capabilities
Data Manipulation in Excel
- Data sorting, aggregation, and cleaning
- Filtering data
- Pivot tables
- If-statements and formulas vlookups and hlookups
- Introductory text cleanup
Basic Visualizations and Best Practices
- Formula lookup
- Introductory data formatting
- Exploratory data visualization
- Shortcut keys
Introduction to Statistics
- Basic statistics
- Summary statistics
- Data distribution and variance
- Covariance and correlation
- Introduction to regression
- Distribution of errors: Q-Q plot, heteroscedasticity
- p-values and t-test
This course is designed for Analysts (any junior person doing basic analysis, data entry, etc.) and Contracting officers. eThe material is applicable for any professional responsible for:
– Cleaning dirty data and order disorganized and disparate data sources
– Data exploration in Excel efficiently
– Data visualization in Excel
– Data analysis in Excel