Our 1 day Excel 2019 Level 2 course builds on the basic concepts and skills of our Level 1 course to provide more advanced tools for analysis and presentation of complex, realistic data in Microsoft Excel 2019. Participants will learn how to manage complex workbooks, build more complex functions, use data analysis tools, make an impact with powerful chart and presentation features, and collaborate with other users.
By the end of this course, participants will know:
- How to manage workbooks and customize the Excel environment
- How to use named ranges in formulas
- About Excel tables and how to sort data
- How to use PivotTables
- How to use conditional formatting
- How to use special chart features
- How to use permissions to control access to and prevent changes in your workbooks
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Chapter 1: Managing workbooks
- Module A: Managing worksheets
- Module B: Customizing Excel
Chapter 2: Named ranges
- Module A: Using names in formulas
Chapter 3: Tables
- Module A: Sorting
- Module B: Filtering tables
- Module C: Structured references
- Module D: Validation
- Module E: Transposing data
Chapter 4: Summarizing data
- Module A: Consolidation
- Module B: Subtotals
Chapter 5: PivotTables
- Module A: Creating and formatting PivotTables
- Module B: Manipulating PivotTables
- Module C: PivotCharts
Chapter 6: Presentation features
- Module A: Conditional formats
- Module B: Custom Formats
- Module C: Graphics
Chapter 7: Advanced charts
- Module A: Special chart types
- Module B: Sparklines
- Module C: Quick Analysis
Chapter 8: Collaboration
- Module A: Permissions
- Module B: Shared workbook
If participants intend to take a Microsoft Office Specialist or Expert exam for Excel, this course will continue their preparation, but they will need to continue on to the Level 3 course, particularly to prepare for the Expert exam.
Microsoft Excel 2019 Level 2 Training FAQ’s
What are the requirements for MS Excel 2019 Level 2?
The course assumes students know how to use a computer, that they’re familiar with Microsoft Windows, and that they’ve taken the Level 1 course or have equivalent introductory experience with Excel.
Students will benefit most from this course if:
- They want to use Excel 2019 to perform real-world tasks such as rearranging and presenting complex data.
- They intend to take a Microsoft Office Specialist or Expert exam for Excel, this course will continue their preparation, but they will need to continue on to the Level 3 course, particularly to prepare for the Expert exam.