Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
This 5 day instructor led course will teach students how to plan and implement an operating system deployment strategy using modern deployment methods, as well as how to implement an update strategy. Students will be introduced to key components of modern management and co-management strategies.
- Plan, develop, and implement an Operating System deployment, upgrade, and update strategy.
- Understand the benefits and methods of co-management strategies.
- Plan and implement device enrollment and configuration.
- Manage and deploy applications and plan a mobile application management strategy.
- Manage users and authentication using Azure AD and Active Directory DS.
- Describe and implement methods used to protect devices and data.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Module 1: Modern Management
- The Enterprise Desktop
- Azure AD Overview
- Managing Identities in Azure AD
- Lab : Managing identities in Azure AD
- Lab : Using Azure AD Connect to connect Active Directories
Module 2: Device Enrollment
- Manage Device Authentication
- Device Enrollment using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Device Enrollment using Microsoft Intune
- Lab : Configuring and managing Azure AD Join
- Lab : Manage Device Enrollment into Intune
- Lab : Enrolling devices into Microsoft Intune
Module 3: Configuring Profiles
- Configuring Device Profiles
- Managing User Profiles
- Lab : Creating and Deploying Configuration Profiles
- Lab : Monitor device and user activity in Intune
- Lab : Configuring Enterprise State Roaming
Module 4: Application Management
- Implement Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- Deploying and updating applications
- Administering applications
- Lab : Deploying cloud apps using Intune
- Lab : Configure App Protection Policies for Mobile Device
- Lab : Deploy Apps using Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Lab : Deploy Apps using Microsoft Store for Business
Module 5: Managing Authentication in Azure AD
- Protecting Identities in Azure AD
- Enabling Organization Access
- Implement Device Compliance Policies
- Using Reporting
- Lab : Configuring Multi-factor Authentication
- Lab : Configuring Self-service password reset for user accounts in Azure AD
- Lab : Configuring and validating device compliance
- Lab : Creating device inventory reports
Module 6: Managing Security
- Implement device data protection
- Managing Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Managing Microsoft Defender in Windows Client
- Lab : Configure and Deploy Windows Information Protection Policies by using Intune
- Lab : Configuring Endpoint security using Intune
- Lab : Configuring Disk Encryption Using Intune
Module 7: Deployment using Microsoft Endpoint Manager – Part 1
- Assessing Deployment Readiness
- On-Premise Deployment Tools and Strategies
- Lab : Deploying Windows 10 using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Lab : Deploying Windows 10 using Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Module 8: Deployment using Microsoft Endpoint Manager – Part 2
- Deploying New Devices
- Dynamic Deployment Methods
- Planning a Transition to Modern Management
- Managing Virtual Desktops
- Lab : Deploying Windows 10 with Autopilot
- Lab : Configuring Co-Management Using Configuration Manager
Module 9: Managing Updates and Using Analytics
- Updating Windows Clients
- Windows Update for Business
- Desktop Analytics
- Endpoint Analytics
- Lab : Managing Windows 10 security and feature updates
- Deploy and upgrade operating systems (25-30%)
- Manage policies and profiles (20-25%)
- Manage and protect devices (30-35%)
- Manage apps and data (10-15%)
- Familiarity with M365 workloads
- Experience with deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows 10 and later and non-Windows devices.