This 1 day, instructor led course teaches that management at its means setting goals, lighting a path, and persuading others to follow. But the responsibility entails much more. Leaders must get their message out in a way that inspires, make the most of their limited time, and build roads to precious resources. They must negotiate alliances, improve their colleagues, and align the ambitions of the many with the needs of the organization. What makes for great management? Is it something to do with inward characteristics, such as confidence and focus? Is it more about outward presence, including charm and compassion? Or is it about the ability to create a vision and get others to commit to it? The answer is all of the above. By accepting the challenge to lead, you come to realize that the only limits are those you place on yourself. At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to do the following:
- Define their role as a manager and identify how that role differs from other roles they have had.
- Understand the management challenge and the new functions of management.
- Discover how to prepare for and embrace the forces of change.
- Identify ways to get themselves and their workspace organized and get a jump on the next crisis.
- Identify their leadership profile and explore ways to use this knowledge to improve success as a manager.
- Enhance their ability to communicate with others in meetings and through presentations.
- Create an action plan for managing career success.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Module 1: Course Overview
Module 2: About the Learning Organization
- What is a Learning Organization?
- Are You a Lifelong Learner?
Module 3: Achieving Personal Mastery
- What is Personal Mastery?
- Your Personal Vision
- Our Personal Vision and Our Values
Module 4: Analyzing Our Mental Models
Module 5: Achieving a Shared Vision
Module 6: Team Learning
Module 7: Systems Thinking
Module 8: Understanding Leadership
- About Leadership
- Understanding Your Comfort Zone
- Managing Performance
- Servant Leadership
- Onboarding and Orientation
Module 9: Five Practices
- Practices One, Two, and Three
- Image Identification
- Practices Four and Five
- Practices in Practice
Module 10: Building Trust
- The Cycle of Trust and Performance
- Trust Exercise
Module 11: Managing Change
- About Change
- Individual Exercise
- Key Factors in Successful Change
Module 12: The Four Room Apartment
Module 13: Time Management Tips and Tricks
- Getting Things in Order
- Mastering Email
- Time Management Tips
Module 14: Managers vs. Leaders
Module 15: Types of Thinking
- Directional Thinking
- Consequential Thinking
- Ethics 101
Module 16: Influence Strategies
Module 17: Managing Relationships
- The Relationship Cycle
- Coaching Through Conflict
- Validating Personal Conflict Strategies
- Preparing for Conflict
- Managing Stress
Module 18: A Simple Problem-Solving Process
- Systematic Problem Solving
- Personal Problems
Module 19: Strategic Planning
- SWOT Analysis
- Individual Analysis
Module 20: Doing Delegation Right
- What is Delegation?
- Group Definitions
- Levels of Delegation
Module 21: Criteria for Useful Feedback
- Giving Constructive Feedback
Module 22: Meeting Management
- Preparing for Meetings
- Managing Meetings
- Presentation Tips