This 1-day, online, instructor led Tableau Fundamentals course will introduce participants to Tableau software. It covers:
- Data Stories
This course is intended for:
- Those familiar with using desktop and/or web-based data management tools to perform data analysis related tasks
- Some experience with Microsoft, Excel and Google Sheets
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and configure basic functions of Tableau.
- Connect to data sources, import data into Tableau, and save Tableau files.
- Create views and customize data in visualizations.
- Manage, sort, and group data.
- Save and share data sources and workbooks.
- Filter data in views.
- Customize visualizations with annotations, highlights, and advanced features.
- Create and enhance dashboards in Tableau.
- Create and enhance stories in Tableau.
Module 1: Tableau Fundamentals
- Overview of Tableau
- Navigate and Configure Tableau
Module 2: Connecting to and Preparing Data
- Connect to Data
- Build a Data Model
- Save Workbook Files
- Prepare Data for Analysis
Module 3: Exploring Data
- Create Views
- Customize Data in Visualizations
Module 4: Managing, Sorting, and Grouping Data
- Adjust Fields
- Sort Data
- Group Data
Module 5: Saving, Publishing, and Sharing Data
- Save Data Sources
- Publish Data Sources and Visualizations
- Share Workbooks for Collaboration
Module 6: Filtering Data
- Configure Worksheet Filters
- Apply Advanced Filter Options
- Create Interactive Filters
Module 7: Customizing Visualizations
- Format and Annotate Views
- Emphasize Data in Visualizations
- Create Animated Workbooks
- Best Practices for Visual Design
Module 8: Creating Dashboards in Tableau
- Create Dashboards
- Enhance Dashboards with Actions
- Create Mobile Dashboards
Module 9: Creating Stories in Tableau
- Create Stories
- Enhance Stories with Tooltips
This course can help students who want to prepare for the Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate certification, which requires candidates to pass the Tableau Desktop Certified Associate exam.